Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 6:30PM: Although I am still perplexed about what happened last week, I have some clarity about what will happen tomorrow. Last Thursday, on Grand Rapids Gas Buddy, there were postings of several stations at a new price of $3.65. Then, a few hours later, those postings were gone. Instead, on Saturday morning, we got our third Saturday hike in a row, and of course the new price was … $3.65. Retail prices have been following higher wholesale prices, which we usually see in February, particularly in regions influenced by Chicago. Well, we have a new high for 2014 in wholesale prices tonight, and I calculate the cost to retailers to be $3.59 a gallon. Since prices in and near Grand Rapids are in the $3.44-$3.65 range, we are looking at price hike on Thursday. Estimated new price: $3.75. –Ed A.
- $2.69 on Thursday? http://t.co/dcndULBRVj 06:26:09 PM March 18, 2015 from TweetDeck
- $2.69 on Thursday? 06:25:57 PM March 18, 2015 from TweetDeck
- CBOB was up another 15 cents today. Another hike on Wednesday (to $2.65)? My best guess is that they’ll wait until Thursday. -EA 07:20:49 PM March 17, 2015 from TweetDeck
Tweets from GasBuddyGuy
- All but 9 states are currently enjoying #gasprices that are over $1/gal lower than a year ago. about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Only four states have seen their #gasprices decline versus a month ago. DE down 8c, GA down 5c, TN down 2c, MS down 0.2c. about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Oil poised to see largest since day jump since mid-February today, doesn't bode well for #gasprices about 19 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It appears gas stations in Orlando, FL are raising prices to $2.55/gal. about 20 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Why We Are Here
E-mail the authors!
Ed A.: abou...@gvsu.edu
Bill E.: paxm...@gmail.com
TheGasGame.com, the website, was originally founded by Patrick DeHaan, based off Prof. Ed Aboufadel's early coining of the term, the two then jointly merged their efforts under TheGasGame.com in 2005.
Note: To be precise, add 9/10 of a cent to all prices described on this web page.
AXXIS capacity Chicago Premium competition contracts demand diesel DOE dollar expansion fire futures gasoline gas prices gouging Hurricane indiana inventories maintenance margin market no prediction NYMEX Ohio oil PADD prediction price hike prices fall production profit rack prices refineries refinery refinery utilization report retailer shutdown Speedway stockpiles storage tv utilization wholesale prices WOOD