Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 6:30PM: Although I am still perplexed about what happened last week, I have some clarity about what will happen tomorrow. Last Thursday, on Grand Rapids Gas Buddy, there were postings of several stations at a new price of $3.65. Then, a few hours later, those postings were gone. Instead, on Saturday morning, we got our third Saturday hike in a row, and of course the new price was … $3.65. Retail prices have been following higher wholesale prices, which we usually see in February, particularly in regions influenced by Chicago. Well, we have a new high for 2014 in wholesale prices tonight, and I calculate the cost to retailers to be $3.59 a gallon. Since prices in and near Grand Rapids are in the $3.44-$3.65 range, we are looking at price hike on Thursday. Estimated new price: $3.75. –Ed A.
- Price-to-retailers is $2.63, according to my calc. Might as well fill up on Mon morn; can see a price hike is coming. $2.79 or higher? 07:53:44 PM May 17, 2015 from TweetDeck
- RT @GasBuddyGal: Last time the average price for gas in #losangeles was $4/gal was 7/22/2014. Could be happening again...real soon http://t… 03:07:14 PM May 13, 2015 from TweetDeck
- Are we slogging back to $3 a gallon? http://t.co/r8nriN2ksp 03:06:54 PM May 13, 2015 from TweetDeck
Tweets from GasBuddyGuy
- RT @MktwSaefong: OPEC meets in 2 weeks as Saudi #oil output tops 10 mln bbls/day. http://t.co/ku0a2dsCnK #OPEC http://t.co/uMVGbDR0ye about 18 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Gallon of gasoline now 72c higher than 1/26 when it was $2.026, relief coming for West Coast, prices rising elsewhere. Drive safely! about 19 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Live map of prices being reported to @GasBuddy a few moments ago. #gasprices http://t.co/e3BE0BM3tD 02:27:58 PM May 21, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Why We Are Here
E-mail the authors!
Ed A.: abou...@gvsu.edu
Bill E.: paxm...@gmail.com
TheGasGame.com, the website, was originally founded by Patrick DeHaan, based off Prof. Ed Aboufadel's early coining of the term, the two then jointly merged their efforts under TheGasGame.com in 2005.
Note: To be precise, add 9/10 of a cent to all prices described on this web page.
AXXIS capacity Chicago Premium competition contracts demand diesel DOE dollar expansion fire futures gasoline gas prices gouging Hurricane indiana inventories maintenance margin market no prediction NYMEX Ohio oil PADD prediction price hike prices fall production profit rack prices refineries refinery refinery utilization report retailer shutdown Speedway stockpiles storage tv utilization wholesale prices WOOD