Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 7:20PM: Happy New Year! Over the last few years, we’ve pointed out a pattern of gas prices being in line with stock prices. This made sense as financiers create more and more instruments to trade gas and oil like stocks. Lately, though, there has been a disconnect, and we’ve seen it this week. The stock market soared Monday on expectation that Congress would agree on a “fiscal cliff” law, and then today after the law was passed. Yet, wholesale gas prices actually have gone down a dime this week so far. So, unless wholesale prices decide to play catch-up tomorrow, I’m expecting gas prices to continue to slide at least until Monday. — Ed Aboufadel
- Price-to-retailers is $2.63, according to my calc. Might as well fill up on Mon morn; can see a price hike is coming. $2.79 or higher? 07:53:44 PM May 17, 2015 from TweetDeck
- RT @GasBuddyGal: Last time the average price for gas in #losangeles was $4/gal was 7/22/2014. Could be happening again...real soon http://t… 03:07:14 PM May 13, 2015 from TweetDeck
- Are we slogging back to $3 a gallon? http://t.co/r8nriN2ksp 03:06:54 PM May 13, 2015 from TweetDeck
Tweets from GasBuddyGuy
- A beautiful day in Madison, WI! http://t.co/x5R1EULLQo 11:06:08 AM May 23, 2015 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @MktwSaefong: OPEC meets in 2 weeks as Saudi #oil output tops 10 mln bbls/day. http://t.co/ku0a2dsCnK #OPEC http://t.co/uMVGbDR0ye 09:53:53 AM May 22, 2015 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Gallon of gasoline now 72c higher than 1/26 when it was $2.026, relief coming for West Coast, prices rising elsewhere. Drive safely! 09:40:45 AM May 22, 2015 from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
Why We Are Here
E-mail the authors!
Ed A.: abou...@gvsu.edu
Bill E.: paxm...@gmail.com
TheGasGame.com, the website, was originally founded by Patrick DeHaan, based off Prof. Ed Aboufadel's early coining of the term, the two then jointly merged their efforts under TheGasGame.com in 2005.
Note: To be precise, add 9/10 of a cent to all prices described on this web page.
AXXIS capacity Chicago Premium competition contracts demand diesel DOE dollar expansion fire futures gasoline gas prices gouging Hurricane indiana inventories maintenance margin market no prediction NYMEX Ohio oil PADD prediction price hike prices fall production profit rack prices refineries refinery refinery utilization report retailer shutdown Speedway stockpiles storage tv utilization wholesale prices WOOD