Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 7:20PM: Happy New Year! Over the last few years, we’ve pointed out a pattern of gas prices being in line with stock prices. This made sense as financiers create more and more instruments to trade gas and oil like stocks. Lately, though, there has been a disconnect, and we’ve seen it this week. The stock market soared Monday on expectation that Congress would agree on a “fiscal cliff” law, and then today after the law was passed. Yet, wholesale gas prices actually have gone down a dime this week so far. So, unless wholesale prices decide to play catch-up tomorrow, I’m expecting gas prices to continue to slide at least until Monday. — Ed Aboufadel
- $2.69 on Thursday? http://t.co/dcndULBRVj 06:26:09 PM March 18, 2015 from TweetDeck
- $2.69 on Thursday? 06:25:57 PM March 18, 2015 from TweetDeck
- CBOB was up another 15 cents today. Another hike on Wednesday (to $2.65)? My best guess is that they’ll wait until Thursday. -EA 07:20:49 PM March 17, 2015 from TweetDeck
Tweets from GasBuddyGuy
- All but 9 states are currently enjoying #gasprices that are over $1/gal lower than a year ago. about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Only four states have seen their #gasprices decline versus a month ago. DE down 8c, GA down 5c, TN down 2c, MS down 0.2c. about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Oil poised to see largest since day jump since mid-February today, doesn't bode well for #gasprices about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It appears gas stations in Orlando, FL are raising prices to $2.55/gal. about 6 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Why We Are Here
E-mail the authors!
Ed A.: abou...@gvsu.edu
Bill E.: paxm...@gmail.com
TheGasGame.com, the website, was originally founded by Patrick DeHaan, based off Prof. Ed Aboufadel's early coining of the term, the two then jointly merged their efforts under TheGasGame.com in 2005.
Note: To be precise, add 9/10 of a cent to all prices described on this web page.
AXXIS capacity Chicago Premium competition contracts demand diesel DOE dollar expansion fire futures gasoline gas prices gouging Hurricane indiana inventories maintenance margin market no prediction NYMEX Ohio oil PADD prediction price hike prices fall production profit rack prices refineries refinery refinery utilization report retailer shutdown Speedway stockpiles storage tv utilization wholesale prices WOOD