Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 7:20PM: Happy New Year! Over the last few years, we’ve pointed out a pattern of gas prices being in line with stock prices. This made sense as financiers create more and more instruments to trade gas and oil like stocks. Lately, though, there has been a disconnect, and we’ve seen it this week. The stock market soared Monday on expectation that Congress would agree on a “fiscal cliff” law, and then today after the law was passed. Yet, wholesale gas prices actually have gone down a dime this week so far. So, unless wholesale prices decide to play catch-up tomorrow, I’m expecting gas prices to continue to slide at least until Monday. — Ed Aboufadel
- Possible hike today -- going to fill up this morning. -EA 06:28:03 AM April 21, 2015 from TweetDeck
- My prediction last week failed, but how can we avoid a hike on Monday? Read: http://t.co/eVkSokiahU -EA 07:11:49 PM April 12, 2015 from TweetDeck
- Indiana, Ohio saw price hikes today. Michigan next? http://t.co/MKkrXV8Rp4 08:58:03 PM April 07, 2015 from TweetDeck
Tweets from GasBuddyGuy
- RT @KlozaTheDoor: Looks like the 128 day streak of national avg under $2.50 is about to end tomorrow #gasbuddy #gasprices (http://t.co/TPTN… 11:19:22 AM April 23, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- National average likely to rise 5-10c/gal in the next week as oil prices and wholesale gasoline prices rally. Don't delay filling up. 11:17:40 AM April 23, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #WestCoast motorists should brace for sharply higher prices coming thanks to several high level refinery issues... #gasprices 11:13:18 AM April 23, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #GasPrices appear to be rising to $2.59/gal in Ohio today, according to spotter reports. 11:12:20 AM April 23, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Why We Are Here
E-mail the authors!
Ed A.: abou...@gvsu.edu
Bill E.: paxm...@gmail.com
TheGasGame.com, the website, was originally founded by Patrick DeHaan, based off Prof. Ed Aboufadel's early coining of the term, the two then jointly merged their efforts under TheGasGame.com in 2005.
Note: To be precise, add 9/10 of a cent to all prices described on this web page.
AXXIS capacity Chicago Premium competition contracts demand diesel DOE dollar expansion fire futures gasoline gas prices gouging Hurricane indiana inventories maintenance margin market no prediction NYMEX Ohio oil PADD prediction price hike prices fall production profit rack prices refineries refinery refinery utilization report retailer shutdown Speedway stockpiles storage tv utilization wholesale prices WOOD