Thursday, March 22, 2012, 9:15AM: Well, to be an optimist, at least the relentless rise in wholesale and retail gas prices that started at the beginning of February seems to be tapering off. NYMEX futures prices have been stable since March 9, while Chicago wholesale prices have stayed flat for more than a week. Based on my calculations, though, retailers are paying about $3.99 a gallon for their gas, which means that prices could drift down to $3.89 (what I call the 0-cent margin price) or re-set to $4.09. Clearly, Big Red and friends are reluctant to push prices over $4 in the area. They tried in Indiana the past weekend, but it didn’t stick. Hard to predict if they take another shot at $4.09 or not today or tomorrow. –Ed Aboufadel
- My prediction last week failed, but how can we avoid a hike on Monday? Read: http://t.co/eVkSokiahU -EA 07:11:49 PM April 12, 2015 from TweetDeck
- Indiana, Ohio saw price hikes today. Michigan next? http://t.co/MKkrXV8Rp4 08:58:03 PM April 07, 2015 from TweetDeck
- No April Fools -- price hike on Thursday expected. http://t.co/GukBnlyGxw 07:00:55 PM April 01, 2015 from TweetDeck
Tweets from GasBuddyGuy
- Just used Apple Pay to fill up @meijer! http://t.co/gA5tMSZvz9 about 6 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- National average rises 2.5c/gal versus yesterday, stands at $2.433/gal. about 15 hours ago from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
- CITGO Lemont flaring, minimal impact on spot gasoline prices so far. Check out this pic! https://t.co/8DGTaFzGAa 11:56:53 AM April 16, 2015 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- National average jumped 2.1c/gal overnight to $2.412/gal, led by OH (up 11c), IN (up 5c), MO (up 5c), MI (up 4c), MN (up 4c), IL (up 4). 08:53:07 AM April 16, 2015 from TweetDeck ReplyRetweetFavorite
Why We Are Here
E-mail the authors!
Ed A.: abou...@gvsu.edu
Bill E.: paxm...@gmail.com
TheGasGame.com, the website, was originally founded by Patrick DeHaan, based off Prof. Ed Aboufadel's early coining of the term, the two then jointly merged their efforts under TheGasGame.com in 2005.
Note: To be precise, add 9/10 of a cent to all prices described on this web page.
AXXIS capacity Chicago Premium competition contracts demand diesel DOE dollar expansion fire futures gasoline gas prices gouging Hurricane indiana inventories maintenance margin market no prediction NYMEX Ohio oil PADD prediction price hike prices fall production profit rack prices refineries refinery refinery utilization report retailer shutdown Speedway stockpiles storage tv utilization wholesale prices WOOD